Translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Warning from the Bible to Christians who think its okay to tatoo your body.

 
When the world was celebrating Christmas yesterday, we celebrated another blessed year added to my mom's life. But even more special was the fact that we as siblings got together in one place after so long that I can't even remember when the last time was when we had such a reunion. But something that really affected me then was the fact that my brother who grew up in a Christian family, learning Sunday School from a strict Pentecostal teaching soon fell into a relationship with a woman who turned him and continues to turn him away from God and His Word for him. I was upset that my brother got another tatoo on his hand even though I warned him that he is going against the Word of God in doing so. So this morning I got to quote the scriptures to my brother, that I so long failed to quote to him a long time back. Hope it touches him. I am quoting the below from the article http://www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_tattoos/bible.htm
Hope you share this with your loved ones and friends who think it's okay to tattoo.

Leviticus 19:28
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

The bible makes it clear that your body is the temple of God. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 makes this very clear.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The Lord warns several times of the seriousness of defiling the temple of God – your body! In 1 Corinthians 3, the Lord clearly and sternly warns against defiling your body – the temple of God. If any man defiles the temple of God – HIM SHALL GOD DESTROY!

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

CHRISTIANS YOU ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE THAT YOU NEVER KNEW THIS THING WHEN YOU WILL SOON STAND BEFORE YOUR CREATOR AND WHEN HE QUESTIONS YOU...WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment