Translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Israel - The Clock of Biblical Prophecy - Curtain Raiser


Once while studying "Revelation & Daniel", a student in our Bible study class asked the mentor to explain the "elect" mentioned in Matthew 24. Our professor faltered a bit before responding to that question as "ethnic Israel" being mentioned there since the rapture has already taken place and that part of Matthew 24 was speaking about the tribulation and the events to unfold. Another supported our professor by saying that, "These "elect" are the people who become believers during the Great Tribulation of three and one-half years". The rapture has already taken place some time before the Antichrist sets himself up as "God" in the Temple as mentioned in Matthew 24:15 - “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of through the prophet Daniel - let the reader understand." The professor was also quick to mention Revelation 3:1&2 - "After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it." This verse he said was where the rapture of the church is taking place, since no where after this do we see the church being mentioned until of course towards the latter part of Revelation. So rapture of the church must take place before the tribulation and the elect mentioned by Jesus are those who believe in Jesus after the church has been taken up. So I am going to outline a few of the materials that I was taught in my church since I was born again and baptized.
  1. The church will be raptured before the tribulation
  2. The Holy Spirit will cease to function as He did from the day of Pentecost i.e. He will revert back to how he worked during the Old Testament times.
  3. The resurrection of saints at the coming of Christ i.e. at the rapture before the tribulation...so are there two resurrections and two rapture?
  4. Replacement & seperation of church in the covenantal relationship between God & Israel. 
  5. Christ's return is as a thief...but to whom and why?
  6. The secret return of Christ was taught by the apostles, early church fathers and literature...is that really the truth?
  7. Is it of any use to know whether the rapture takes place before or at the end of tribulation?
How many can back this up with scripture, I mean in a definite wording within the Scripture and not vague explanations by reading into the text? I am going to post a series on this subject since we are at the end of age and the above mentioned issues do not just affect Israel as a whole but also shows the weak state that the church is in. I am not going to try to win you to a view on rapture but to try to make you question what you've been taught and follow in the light of scriptures, just I have and just as I continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment